Opportunities for Gastown businesses
Council has directed staff to pedestrianize Water St seasonally or year-round, starting with a pilot in summer of 2024. We want to work closely with businesses in the area to understand your needs and aspirations to help make the pilot a success.
There are a number of ways for businesses and building managers to get involved:
- Come by 131 Water St to speak with staff, for one-on-one in-depth conversations. This feedback will be documented and reported to Council in 2024, inform the pedestrian-pilot and public spaces plan.
- Thursday, Oct. 19, 11:00 am – 6 pm
- Friday, Oct. 20, 11:30 am – 7 pm
- Saturday, Oct. 21, 2 pm – 6 pm
- Thurs, Nov. 16, 11:00 am – 6 pm
- Friday, Nov. 17, 11:30 am – 7 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 18, 2 pm – 6 pm
- Help us better understand your business's or building's needs for loading, street access and street use by completing our Loading and Access Survey (closes Sunday, November 19)
- Fill out a survey about your general experience in Gastown (closes Sunday, November 19)
- We will also be visiting businesses along Water St in-person. Please email us and tell us a time that works best for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for our mailing list to get updates directly to your business's inbox (see top-right of page)