Frequently Asked Questions
- Decibel limits by city zone
- Commercial premises sound levels
- Restaurants and bars noise and sounds
- Construction activity noise
- Hours and decibel limits for operation of power equipment, including special provisions for chainsaws and leaf blowers
- Waste and recycling collection hours
- Noise exception permits
- Van311 app (via mobile)
- Van311 online (via mobile or desktop)
- Call 3-1-1 (in Vancouver)
What does the Noise Control By-law regulate?
Overall, the Noise Control By-law (PDF, 2.8MB) regulates:
How can I report a noise complaint?
Depending on the type of noise, you can report a noise complaint through the following options:
Why there are no questions about traffic/vehicle noise included in the survey?
Vehicle noise is regulated under the Motor Vehicle Noise and Emission Abatement By-law and therefore is not included in the review of the Noise Control By-law. We will, however, share your concerns with the appropriate staff at the City to help to inform their work.