Joint Council Committee Meeting
On November 28, 2019 the Vancouver Plan team and the Broadway Plan team hosted a Joint Council Advisory Session. All the Council Advisory Committees were invited to attend and many sent representatives. The intent of the session was to provide an update on the two projects and to seek input from the committees on the engagement process for both plans.
Participants worked together to discuss ideas and opportunities for inclusive and representative engagement across Vancouver’s diverse communities and the potential for continued involvement in these concurrent planning processes.
The following themes were developed based on the feedback provided, which largely applied to both projects:
- Local-based engagement - go to where people are
- Respect - compensation for time given
- Diverse engagement techniques and tactics
- Inclusive - ensure other voices included
- Transparency – show your work